In the year of our Lord two thousand and sixteen, I got married. And I also read all these wonderful books [link].
Below is a list of my favorites. This list seems embarassingly fanboy-ish, but I refuse to be embarassed. All of these I read for the first time, and I feel much better for it. Reviewing this list, my only hope for 2017 is to read more older books, and more bigger books. And more fiction.
- Beowulf (Seamus Haney bilingual version)
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Angels in the Architecture by Doug Wilson and Doug Jones
- Defending Costantine by Peter Leithart
- St. Patrick’s Confessio (favorite excerpts here [link])
- The White Horse King by Ben Merkle
- Blood Bought World by Toby Sumpter
- Federal Husband / For a Glory and a Covering by Doug Wilson
- The Faith of Christopher Hitchens by Larry Taunton
- Empires of Dirt by Doug Wilson
- Not By Sight / Things Not Seen by Jon Bloom
- Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan
You can find my favorite books of 2015 here [link].
S. D. G.